Want help to quit!
Hi, hopefully you can help me here.  I used to be a light smoker and after my husband passed about 2 years ago I became a heavy smoker..I smoke a pack a day.  I know that I have to kick this habit but I don't know how.  Is there anyone that can tell me what kind of plan they used to quit without using medication? Your help is appreciated.  I have a small daughter and want to be around for her for a long time....
You have a very good reason to quit if not for you for her. I quit smoking after 50 years of smoking cold turkey. It is not an easy road but if you really want to you can do this. I figured why take med that you will only have to fight to get off later. Plan a really good dietary menu and go for it.You will gain a bit of wait but this you can lose. You will have to have someone to talk with and understand your moods you will have some that the little one will not understand. Go for a walk and let off steam outside of the home. Do not hand around friends that smoke or you will fall off the wagon. I went through some tantrums (haha) but it is worth it in the end you will feel great and very clean. I have been quit since December 14 2008 and I am happy for me. You will be happy for you and your daughter do it for her. Be Well. I am as close as your message if you need help. Troii
Thank you so much!  I am going to pick a date...circle it on my calendar and do it!  I have tried before and quit for a month or so, but went back.  If you can do it after 50 years, so can I!  Thanks for your inspiration!