When Does it Get Easier?
I quit smoking July 07.  I had 2 short relapses and now have been smoke free about 4wks or so.  I have chronic pain and doctors have ordered 4 MRI's.  Dental issues too.  I HATE the dentist.  And ulcers that aren't healing as fast as I hoped.  I constantly feel stressed out and jittery.  I walk every single day, sometimes more than once, hoping to get rid of a little of the anxiety.  

All this stress makes me feel unreasonable and I start thinking a cigarette would make it all go away.  I couldn't possibly smoke with these ulcers though, so here I sit typing instead.  I have been an insomniac since teen years and I am finally sleeping well and through the night.  I wouldn't give that up for even a puff.  

I can't imagine feeling worse, but I would if I smoked.  I know that for sure.  

Stay strong all you quitters.  If I can do it, you all can too.

Thanks for listening.......
darned if we do, darned if we don't, it's all a catch 22.

Could you imagine how much worse it would be if we did have that smoke? I think about it all of the time and that's what works for me. Not so much thinking about smoking, but thinking about how bad I would feel if I did.
It's so important to list the positives and keep reinforcing those. It is also important to remember all of those crappy days we have had when we were fiending : )

Hang in there and know that with or without a smoke, you will probably feel pretty much the same with the exception of your now healing ulcers and, oh yeah, all the other things that come with smoking (cough, cough).

You are doing great!!  Doesn't whyquit.com have an article about losing your best friend? That helped me through some rough times : )
Kathy Jo