Aa
A
A
Close
3218946 tn?1345974765
Where to Begin to Quit.
OK , so I smoke 2 1/2 packs a day. And I have asthma, so as you can imagine, I have asthma attacks all the time. I want to quit But I don't know where to begin. Any Idea's?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
757137 tn?1347200053
I decided to quit by cutting back for as long a period as it took. The first thing I did was to take the cigarettes out of my sight. I put them in a draw in the next room, along with my lighter and ashtray.

Every time I wanted a cigarette I got up, took everything out of the draw and had my smoke. Then replaced it all. In this manner I only smoked when I really wanted to, and not just "automatically." Without any anxiety I reduced my smoking by a third in very short order. After that progress was slower, but I never reversed the trend. this, I believe, had to do with the inconvenience of having to stop what I was doing in order to get a smoke. I am now a nonsmoker. I experienced no anxiety in cutting back slowly.

Stopping cold turnkey if you are smoking 2 1/2 pack is extremely difficult and probably unsuccessful. By the way, my technique worked, at least for me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Smoking Addiction Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
4522800 tn?1459192030
Blank