Where to Begin to Quit.
OK , so I smoke 2 1/2 packs a day. And I have asthma, so as you can imagine, I have asthma attacks all the time. I want to quit But I don't know where to begin. Any Idea's?
I decided to quit by cutting back for as long a period as it took. The first thing I did was to take the cigarettes out of my sight. I put them in a draw in the next room, along with my lighter and ashtray.

Every time I wanted a cigarette I got up, took everything out of the draw and had my smoke. Then replaced it all. In this manner I only smoked when I really wanted to, and not just "automatically." Without any anxiety I reduced my smoking by a third in very short order. After that progress was slower, but I never reversed the trend. this, I believe, had to do with the inconvenience of having to stop what I was doing in order to get a smoke. I am now a nonsmoker. I experienced no anxiety in cutting back slowly.

Stopping cold turnkey if you are smoking 2 1/2 pack is extremely difficult and probably unsuccessful. By the way, my technique worked, at least for me.