Smoking Addiction Community
addiction to cigar

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

addiction to cigar

hi im ann' 26y/o.im a smoker for 8 years up to the present.I can consume 1 pack of marlboro red everyday.i wanted to quit smoking as early as possible bcoz i hv an asthma since grade school.its bothering me every night when im thnking of the outcome of being addictive to cigar. I tried to skip my smoking habit but seeing anyone smoking in front of me,I cant resist it.What shall i do?pls help me?
I have been smoking for 26 years. Last Sept 10, 2010 I decided to quit. I have been free for 19 days already. If you really want to quit believe me you can. My husband is also a smoker and he has not yet stopped. Cigarettes are all over the house, yet i did not gave in to the cravings. I had anticipated the cravings and they did come, but i was prepared. You can do it May. Believe me air is sweeter without them.  
I've read that skullcaps are great for easing the cravings. COMPLETELY AVOID CHANTIX and don't let the doc talk you into it (just my opinion). Trust me, it's horrible! I'm one of those that almost lost my life to that drug way before I would have to cigarettes!
Hye

It is a great thought and decision to quit smoking.
This would be a greatest job that you'll be doing for your self, your family and paying gratitude to the God above!

First of all, switch to Nicotine patch or gum.
Slowly getting off this will be easier than to quit smoking at once.

Brisk walking will help you curb down your craving to smoke. Try walking brisk for 5-10 mins when you feel like smoking; at the end you wont feel like doing it!

All the best,
Parth Adhyaru
i tried to quit many times bt it only last for 1 day.the craving is still there.one thng i dnt understnd here is wenever i cnt smoke if i hv to i easily gt angry.whats happening to me is it normal?i threw tantraums with my husband everytime i cnt smoke for few hours
thnx frnd.il take ur advice nt to seek doc's opinion.
i too am still on that struggle. yeah i know what you feel, because i felt that way years ago, when i wanted to quit and was not too successful. These days are better, i am holding on. what i did was to strategise a bit.  When the cravings came, i would take a walk, or call a friend and have a chat.   i became more open with the problem so people would help , i  joined this forum so i would be committed. May i suggest that you take on a replacement for the habit. For me i am struggling to develop exercise. maybe music & dance.. whatever.   The good news is it gets better. If you hang on the cravings becomes lesser and lesser as you think less about it. The earlier you get off the better for you. I myself am still facing health concerns brought by the smoking. I really should have quit earlier.
Yes, when you can't smoke for a few hours, it is very normal to get angry/ irritable. I quit for 7 months and even at that point I still had problems with it. Especially if I was in a stressful situation. Nicotine is an addictive drug so the anger your feeling is a classic withdrawal symptom.
thanx a lot guys,i'll try everythng u said and i hope it will help me.

Godbless!!!!!!!!!