and HOW DO YOU STOP OVEREATING?????
I'm eating non stop......munching on 'mostly' good stuff like tons of fruits and veggies...but I find myself really really craving carbs, if I had anything sweet or salty in the house I'd find it...I up searching the cupboards before falling asleep, all I can think of is a cigarette or FOOD....I've gained 7lbs in 6 weeks....and I just can't gain another ounce....what do you all do?????
Oh honey, I truly feel for you, and hate to see you suffering.  As you know by now, I don't have an issue with food even when quitting smoking, so all I can do is pray for you and hope someone will come along with a comforting idea.  I would suggest walking when these urges get so strong, but far too cold for you guys there in Canada.  It's that 'feeling' isn't it, where you just NEED to DO something whether it's smoke or eat, just Do Something.  It is so much more difficult to quit smoking when you don't work and are home all day, oh boy, do I ever understand THAT.  Some big help *I* am, huh? :(

If you went with the e-cig (vapor only), do you think that would help you?  
Been thinking about you Opus, and wondering if you've ever considered Wellbutrin?  I was given this eons ago, and it definitely took away the desire to smoke.  It also killed my appetite.  I couldn't tolerate it as it can increase anxiety in some, but others tolerate it just fine.  After posting the above last night, I read your post about the e-cig possibly not being good for people with COPD and the like, so maybe that's out?  

Anyway, just a thought with the Wellbutrin...

((((Hugs))))
thx once again for thinking of me......yes I've been on Wellbutrin before at one time....don't think it affected my appetite, not much does..lol. I think I have the stomach of a sea gull..
I just have to learn to curb this on my own, can't get out and walk in all this snow and ice NO..so thats out, can't walk very well at the best of times wiht my back/leg issues..but I do some during our 5 months of non winter....I'm so ready for spring:))
and yes sounds like the e-cig's are a no no for copd people, don't know why other than the vapor somehow irritating the lung fibers? I'm actually just on the gum right now and it is working...
glad you are doing so well too hon..we GOTTA do this girls♥
I'm with you.  I too am eating way more then normal.  I'm trying to do things like suck on lifesavers and keep the snacks healthy, but I just ate a whole large bag of ketchup chips.

I expected my appetite to increase as smoking is an appetite suppressent, but this is nuts!  Let me know if you figure out a solution, I'm all ears.

Too bad the e-cig won't work for you, but glad to hear the gum does.  Just keep going Opus, your going to beat this thing!!  
Opus and adgal...."Crystal Lite" makes a good sugar-free hard candy that you would never know was sugar free.  The added 'fake' sugar is Isomalt and Splenda, so unless your body is affected by these types of sugars, this is really a great candy with very few calories.   Could add it in between those carrot sticks. :)