another relapse
Man, I need help finding my focus.  I do so well... get through withdrawls and everything and then for no reason the urge to have nicotine rushing through my veins ends up being stronger than the feeling of being free from the demon.  I quit for 8 months and started again after 1 stressful day.  I used again for about 3-4 months and then stopped again for roughly 2 months.  Since July 27th, I've mostly been off but dammit!!!!! I get it out of the system and just bring it back.  It's like a mental tug of war and reason seems to lose more than win.

Anyone have more ideas on maintaining focus?  I am going to make an appointment with a cessation expert tomorrow.
After tons of failed attempts, I picked up a book called Allen Carr's Easyway to stop smoking.  He deals directly with that tug of war mental battle by exposing the truth to every single lie we tell ourselves about why we need to smoke.  It actually really helped me.  I am now almost through my first week of no nicotine.  I wouldn't say it's been as easy as he says it will be in his book, but it has been managable, and I really don't have those mental battles about smoking like I did all the other times I tried to quit.  Good luck & don't give up!!