Aa
A
A
Close
are there any long term side effects to using nicotine lozenges?
one of my family members has been taking all different sorts of nicotine lozenges for the past 2 years,and since they have started taking them have had plurisy and now has severe lower back pain for the past 4 weeks.They have been to their GP and have had several blood test done and still their GP can not find out what the problem is,I was wondering if these lozenges can cause back troubles,and if so what kind of problems they can cause and their symptoms?I am really worried over this, please can you help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1384888 tn?1279955939
I'm not sure if nicotine by itself can somehow cause back pain. How ever, has your family member had an MRI yet? I injured my back and my doctor took all kinds of X-Rays and for a year told me it was in my head. Finally I insisted on an MRI and sure enough there was a crushed disk. X-Rays are great for showing breaks in the spine but not effective for showing disk issues. If someone is wondering if something serious is going on with their back an MRI is the tell all. I know nicotine can prevent or greatly hinder healing after a major surgery.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Smoking Addiction Community Resources