chewing tobacco
my husband has been chewing tobacco for 26 years. He has gained alot of stomach wt. lately.  he has high blood pressure,   when he talkes,   he sounds like he has something in his mouth all the time.  even when he don't..he says he is not addicted.. says he can quit.    quits for one day and thinks that is wonderful..  he tells me that all the time he can quit and i ignore him  i know it is a lie..  he does it all the time.. i find cups all through the house. and cartons
in trash and vehicle..    i know he is not going to quit for me or anyone else.    he embarressed me too death,   i have told him that too.. but he cannot quit  not by himself
i know he will never quit.    what will happen before he dies.    i know he will die w/ this... what will be the signs i can look for?    i have not let him kiss me in  10 years or even more..
Try reading through this website: whyquit.com
There will be some helpful hints.
Try asking your physician what to expect and good luck!