Smoking Addiction Community
electronic cig called krave

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

electronic cig called krave

Is this a safer product to smoke during pregnancy other than a cigarette
Bump
  I tried lots of things lots of times. The best for me was the electronic ciggs. It helped take care of my nicotine cravings. I would get the urge to smoke and just take a few drags a few times a day. I did it less and less. I still carry the box with me. If I get really stressed and feel like giving up and buying a pack of cigarettes, I allow myself to take a couple of drags. It is safer in that it doesn't have all the other chemicals that cigarettes do.
     Please, if you are pregnant, quit as soon as possible. Everything (except chewing gum and toothpicks! Ha!) go STRAIGHT to your baby. They can be overwhelmed with just one puff of a chemical because they are so tiny.
     I have an adopted son and his birthmother smoked during her pregnancy. We got him when he was a few days old and he looked like a wrinkled up little man. He grew up to be a beautiful, handsome boy.
He has attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. He is now 28 and his whole life has been a major struggle for all of us. Special education classes did not help much at all and I was in there pleading with them all the time. He ended up dropping out of high school because he was failing and school was so miserable for him. He has a hard time keeping a job and has all kinds of issues like depression. He also has asthma because of the effects of the smoke on his lungs in the womb. All this because his birthmother chose not to give smoking up. A lifetime of consequences for us and him.
    It can also cause pre-term deliveries and low birth weight and more chances of having sudden death syndrome. It can cause lower IQ's.
     If you quit, you will have withdrawals for about 3 days. 3 miserable days in exchange for hopefully a lifetime of good health for your child. (Given you eat right, don't drink alcohol or take other drugs. Take care of yourself and your baby.)
     I know it's harder than that because it's a habit, you think it relieves stress, and probably miss putting something in your mouth and breathing deeply.
     You can still practice deep breathing-that is what actually calms you. Because cigarettes are a stimulant and can actually increase stress and anxiety. Please-I pray you will just quit smoking for the sake of your baby.  
She means: google: pregnant.thebump.com  on the internet. It talks about other ways to quit smoking depending on how much you smoke etc.