Smoking Addiction Community
help

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

help

I found out I was 2 months an 3 days pregnant but I am a smoker .I smoke tobacco cigarettes all the time . I've been smoking for 3 years I am 21 years old . I see someone smoking an it drives me nuts I don't wana smoke I don't want to harm my baby .
Hi!
First of all congratulations! I do appreciate your concerns and problems. Since you are pregnant, it is important to seek professional help in quitting smoking. Also, join support groups of pregnant ladies, mothers who gave up smoking etc as this can motivate you. Learn ways to divert your mind when cravings start. The urge to smoke passes away if you remain strong.  Your doctor may put you on nicotine patch to reduce the nicotine intake and slowly wean you off it. Also, try and avoid being around smokers. Take up some form of exercise to soothe your nerves. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
smoking in pregnancy can really harm ur child's health,
i hope u better not smoke at all while ur pregnant or u can try ur best to quit as well..
i recently myself left smoking a month back and am already feel good..

also make sure u do not get in front of a person who is smoking becasue this can harm's ur childs health even more...
try to be in an healthy nature area and make sure ur baby gets good oxygen ..
try doing pranayam as well for health child birth..

tc