Smoking Addiction Community
help!

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

help!

Yesterday was 4 weeks smoke free. I stopped the Chantix half way through the second month because I was having some side effects and I thought I would be strong enough to follow through though I am having doubts now.
I am on day 9 of a horrific cold and am thinking that if I were still smoking, I probably wouldn't be sick now. That is why I am feeling myself weaken.....that I can blame my cold on my lack of this filthy dirty habit and this is scaring me...........can I get some support please : (
Tags: support
-5 Comments Post a Comment
Thanks Teko. I will read through the whyquit site and hopefull amass some tools to help me through this. Darned but its hard!
My kids are supportive when I remind them as is hubby but I want them to encourage me without the reminders.
Thanks again Teko : )
There is nothing - absolutely NOTHING  - in life that smoking will make better.

---
Wayne
Nicotine Free:     3M 3d 21h
Not Smoked:      2,780
Money  Saved:   $458.70

I quit on 6/6/06.  It was the hardest thing I have EVER done... however the best decision of my lift.  I took Wellbutrin for the first month to help me along.  Now almost a year and a half later I have no cravings.  The smell of smoke is a complete turn off for me.  I can be around people smoking and still no urges.  I was a heavy smoker from age 15 - 29.  Good luck.... be strong!
Congratulations!  I also have 1 month smoke free and want to encourage you not to take that first puff ever again.  You can do it if I did it as I was a 35 yr smoker.

Take care
thanks all for the support. I know in my heart that this is the best decision of my life and my head says it too, but it is those rough times that leave me so vunerable.
After I posted yesterday, I felt a little better and within a short time Teko reached out and told me about whyquit.com and the reading has helped a great deal. By this afternoon I had received a great deal of support and I really needed that, thank you all!
The one thing that stuck in my head when I quit 10 years ago was a neighbor telling me that you will never meet a smoker that says they wish they didn't quit.  (I smoked for 23 years)