i need help
i've been smoking for 11 years now and i want to quit how do i do that? i just want a good environment for my children
I got hypnosis and I am very pleased. Havent been smoking for over a week now.Wasnting to quit is half the battle. good luck
Love Venora
I used Chantix and have been "quit" for 2 months and 2 days. Like anything else, you have to want it and you have to prepare yourself for the urges and the stressful times that make you want to smoke.
I used lolipops and lifesavers in the beginning but now use a toothpick. Exercise helps, especially when stressed......take a walk or a bath.......it usually passes in a few minutes so don't give in.
Always remember the reasons why you want to quit and make that your mantra : )
It does get easier : )  I smoked for nearly 38 years.
Good luck!
Kathy Jo
I'm sorry I disagree with Kathy I didn't want to quit until I read this book.  I just read this book and I wanted to quit but was in that denial phase of saying I want to quit but not really wanting to quit.  I have been almost a week without a cig and no real pull to smoke one.  It's like I think of it maybe start to think I want one and then I'm like "hello I don't smoke" and I'm okay.  I'm not miserable.  Actually I'm about to post a question about it LOL I'm feeling great.  The book is called "the easy way to stop smoking" by (I hope that I have his name right) allen carr GOOD LUCK and just know that YOU CAN DO IT anyone can
I smoked for 40 + years,have copd & needed to quit.
I was sent too many smoking sessation clinics with no sucess.
I took it upon myself to use the strongest nicotine patch ,I never dropped the dose,and was given a prescription for Nicotrol Inhaler ( or as I call it my cheater cigarette) it has cartrages with nicotine and looks like a cigarette.  It took 3 mo with the patch & after 3 yrs I will use the inhaler on occassion,seem's there is still the urge for nicotine when Im around smokers.
Never once did I have just (1 cigarette) if I could have gone with 6 a day I would never have quit,but's that's not the way life is,soon I would have been 2 pks a day again.
My friend did the same as I and it will be over 2 yrs not smoking for her.
Kind of like the Alcoholic ,you can never have another drink.
That cigarette ruled my life, I avoided places where I couldnt smoke.
It works go for it !
Sandy

Just joined this forum and made a similar comment on the electronic cigs, but I have to say this has been one of the things that has worked for me best.  The other types of "substitutes" such as candy, gum, etc. didn't work for me, but I have cut out my pack a day habit to the fakes. My intent is to ween myself off the nicotine gradually.  I'm a month into it and have had good progress so far.  I still have a craving for lighting up a real one, but this has helped me manage it better.  It's funny, these things are not really being marketed as a method of stopping smoking, but I feel this is going to help me.