ive tried n tried
i never even thought about quitting until maybe 6 mnths ago. ive tried a total of 5 times. i have failed each time. everybody says oh you can do it just lay them down!!! its not as easy as that. i really need some advice on how to stop this really bad habit..
Quitting is never easy and a piece of advice is to never stop trying.
I think preparation is VERY important. Make sure you have a good support system and make a list of all the reason you WANT to quit before it's a list of reasons why you HAVE to like so many of us : (
Try reading the articles at whyquit.com and also check out the motivation column.

I quit after 40 years of smoking, more because I had shortness of breath and anything physical became such a chore. I was using Advair for about 5 years by then and I was so tired of making excuses for why I couldn't breathe that when my doctor suggested Chantix I decided to try it. At that time not much was known about the drug, and now there is a lot of negative things being said, the truth is, if I knew then what I know now, I may have passed on it. Regardless, that is what I used to quit and it helped me, and I am grateful for it because it helped me achieve my quit.
It's unfortunate that I did smoke throughout my childrens young lives. One has asthma and the other has a breast deformity (not bad) and blames my smoking on it. He is very sensitive about it and insecure around the ladies (age 24).
Smoking is a very selfish act. I do a lot of walking and when I have to bypass or walk behind a smoker, it bothers me very much. It reminds me of how I smoked around everyone and didn't respect their air. My childrens pleas fell on deaf ears and my husbands too. Sometimes I used to chose cigs over food or diapers for my kids....I was addicted and selfish but I have come to terms with it and won't let that guilt keep me an addict.

If you are a mother, then you have some really good reasons to quit. Give those who love you a lifetime together, smoke free. If you don't quit, you won't be around to share their lives....think about it.
---
2y 4m 1w 6d 18:12 smoke-free, 19,088 cigs not smoked, $4,581.12 saved, 2m 6d 6:40 life saved
I never thought of it that way!!!!  I put them down for about a month and started back.