Smoking Addiction Community
ive tried n tried

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

ive tried n tried

i never even thought about quitting until maybe 6 mnths ago. ive tried a total of 5 times. i have failed each time. everybody says oh you can do it just lay them down!!! its not as easy as that. i really need some advice on how to stop this really bad habit..
Tags: TIME, stop
Quitting is never easy and a piece of advice is to never stop trying.
I think preparation is VERY important. Make sure you have a good support system and make a list of all the reason you WANT to quit before it's a list of reasons why you HAVE to like so many of us : (
Try reading the articles at whyquit.com and also check out the motivation column.

I quit after 40 years of smoking, more because I had shortness of breath and anything physical became such a chore. I was using Advair for about 5 years by then and I was so tired of making excuses for why I couldn't breathe that when my doctor suggested Chantix I decided to try it. At that time not much was known about the drug, and now there is a lot of negative things being said, the truth is, if I knew then what I know now, I may have passed on it. Regardless, that is what I used to quit and it helped me, and I am grateful for it because it helped me achieve my quit.
It's unfortunate that I did smoke throughout my childrens young lives. One has asthma and the other has a breast deformity (not bad) and blames my smoking on it. He is very sensitive about it and insecure around the ladies (age 24).
Smoking is a very selfish act. I do a lot of walking and when I have to bypass or walk behind a smoker, it bothers me very much. It reminds me of how I smoked around everyone and didn't respect their air. My childrens pleas fell on deaf ears and my husbands too. Sometimes I used to chose cigs over food or diapers for my kids....I was addicted and selfish but I have come to terms with it and won't let that guilt keep me an addict.

If you are a mother, then you have some really good reasons to quit. Give those who love you a lifetime together, smoke free. If you don't quit, you won't be around to share their lives....think about it.
---
2y 4m 1w 6d 18:12 smoke-free, 19,088 cigs not smoked, $4,581.12 saved, 2m 6d 6:40 life saved
I never thought of it that way!!!!  I put them down for about a month and started back.