Smoking Addiction Community
just stop

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

just stop

I stopped smoking 58 days ago and just decided that i was stronger than that stupid little cig....i still get the urge but i never give in, I smoked for 29 years and the last couple of years , just really did not like the way i smelled and looked and all that nasty stuff that goes with smoking... so if i can do it anyone can , just start working on it in your head first , imagine yourself not smoking , it wasnt easy but for about two years prior, that 's   what i did and then one day after smoking half the day i never lit one up again , and its still a struggle, but i am starting to rip the benefits, my hair nolonger sticks like smoke my skin looks better and my car dont stink.  I would go outside to smoke because my husband does not smoke , so that is a start too,  dont smoke in your house,  for any of you trying to quit, you can do it , you just have to want to , strong anough.  Good luck  :)
Good going Sini, congrats! Those are a few of the benefits of quitting but if I could, I would like to add one more......breathing : )  
Good luck on your quit and if you should need some help, try the whyquit.com website for support. You can even download your "quit meter" there.
Kathy Jo

---
5m 3d 11:33 smoke-free, 3,415 cigs not smoked, $819.60 saved, 1w 4d 20:35 life saved

Congratulations on "just stopping."  Good job Sini!!  You're right, it's a daily struggle.  I started getting ready to stop smoking about 5yrs ago.  I decided not to smoke in my car anymore.  I suffer from anxiety, so I'm never away from the house for more than 2hrs max and I figured I could at LEAST go without a cigarette that long.  At the time, I felt like this alone was an enormous accomplishment and it helped me to start thinking like a non-smoker,

I had been a smoker for 33yrs before I quit last July.  I've had a couple of relapses, but have been smoke-free now since Jan 25th.  I seem to be dedicating an entire YEAR to quitting smoking.  This is truly the most difficult thing I've ever done.   I haven't smoked in my house in years, but I used to back in the 90's.  Gosh, can't even IMAGINE I ever did that!

Good luck to you Sini and please keep in touch

Take care........