lung pain
I quit 1 week ago.  Has anyone experienced lung pain and shortness of breath after quitting?
I never successfully quit for more than 24 hours however I know I experienced lung pain from going 8 hours w/out a cig. I am not a heavy smoker either 1/2 pack a day. Geeze. I didn't know whether it was anxiety or what but I def. felt lung pain and shortness of breath.
Make sure to see your doctor about the pain but I can tell you that I had the following after my quit:
sinus infection, pneumonia & pleurisy. The last two can cause pain and shortness of breath and if you read about the "cilia" which is repairing itself after a quit you might find that this too can cause pain.
My advice to you is to see a doc and not to fool around with self diagnosis. That is what I did and I believe that is why it took so long for me to feel better. I somehow thought that after smoking about 38 years, that I deserved to feel pain so I put up with it and I didn't have to and neither do you. Good luck and keep us posted : )
Kathy Jo
3m 4d 15:47 smoke-free, 2,123 cigs not smoked, $509.52 saved, 1w 8:55 life saved
I am currently quitting (slow but sure) and yes I defenitely felt a lot of chest pain and had shortness of breath when I tried cold turkey.  It really freaked me out.  Now I will have two or three puffs when I feel the need pretty bad and I don't experience this anymore.  I also haven't bitten anyone else's heads off.  What a fun time it is to quit smoking.  Pheeeew