Smoking Addiction Community
need help quitting

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

need help quitting

I am almost 19 weeks and I have tried cold Turkey I've tried gradually quitting I have tried hard candy. Eating carrots when I have a craving. I know it is bad for my baby. And me too. I just can't quit. I'm so scared of hurting my baby.
I don't want to sound mean, but if hurting your baby isn't enough to make you stop using, I don't know what is.  I was born from a mother who smoked through the entire pregnancy and was consequently born with under developed lungs (and a dependency to nicotine).  With the underdeveloped lungs, I also had asthma that I fought with through my early teens.  Now, I am in my 40's and get all kinds of respiratory distress.

The deal is, you can quit but it takes an effort.  I'm addicted to nicotine as well and I have stopped a few times.  Once for 4 years.  It is doable, you just need a real plan and you can speak to a doctor about finding out what will work best for you.

Good Luck, and give your baby a chance.
Try hypnosis.  Some medical practitioners do it, and also there are places like Positive Changes Hypnosis Centers, in other words, you can get it for a medical reason.
brice was really clear, i have to admit that! you should stop!
Im 20 weeks pregnant today smoking has been so difficult for me also.  Ive tried scaring myself reading up stillbirths etc. It's do hard does your baby have a strong heartbeat? They should let you know your first ultrasound if he/she is healthy try your best to.just cut down... I was a pack a day smoker now I cut way bk when I found out I was first pregnant at 4 weeks.