Smoking Addiction Community
need to through the smoke away

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

need to through the smoke away

please help I started smoking when i was 16 stop smoking when i was 32 went  back at age 38 when my wife handed me divorce papers now its harder then ever to quit . the first time i just through them away , please help
-12 Comments Post a Comment
If you decide to smoke again, you'll have TWO problems instead of just the one.  Smoking will not stop whatever is going to happen with the divorce issue.

I'm also a big fan of whyquit.com - was my major support for the first week.  However, in addition to reading at this site, be sure to come back and post frequently and let us know how you're doing :-)

---
Wayne
Nicotine Free:     2M 1w 7h
Not Smoked:      1,985
Money  Saved:   $327.53

Hello Confused103:

You are not confused or alone on your roller coaster journey we call quitting smoking. You are addicted to a very powerful drug called nicotine. Even with terrible problems that life can throw at us we still can do what we have to do without reaching for a cigarette. Smoking doesn't help in a crisis, smoking in itself is a crisis.  

As your supporters, Teko and Wayne said, go to www.whyquit.com and do some reading, do a lot of reading. Chances are if you found out today that you have a life threatening disease that had the potential to cripple or kill you - you would then immediately do all you could to read and act on your condition. Do the same with your addiction to nicotine, don't be left behind. You deserve to be free, the way you were meant to be. Don't let smoking take you out you certainly deserve much better than that.

You must treat smoking as an addiction or you will not stand a prayer in this matter. It is all or nothing - one cigarette is never enough we always take them all. Believe that with every fiber. But please be assured - quitting is doable and attainable once you understand what you are up against. I was once quit for over 6 years and went back to smoking after puffing on a trendy cigar. Nicotine is nicotine and addiction is addiction. Remember that the challenges are temporary, you can do this if you just quit ONE DAY AT A TIME...NOT ONE PUFF NO MATTER WHAT. Again, read as much as you can at whyquit.com

You can do this. Guaranteed freedom for each of us as long as we never take another puff.

Joanne Diehl
Co-Founder Freedom From Tobacco @WhyQuit.Com
***@****