Smoking Addiction Community
nicorette gum

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

nicorette gum

Does chewing nicorette gum cause damage to the lungs or cancer?
Tags: gum
I guess no one will ever know if damage to the lungs was from smoking or nicorette but as for cancer, well I'd imagine if you are chewing the gum, it would probably be somewhat the same as chewing tobacco, just on a smaller scale, and yes, it could cause cancer of the mouth as well as other related cancers. Saying this, it's probably shouldn't be of concern short term, but it's unfortunate and common for most Nicorette users to abuse the gum for many years, and that's dangerous.
If you can, try to stop the gum....even if you have to stick patches on yourself for the 6 weeks.

Good luck!