Smoking Addiction Community
question about effexor & nicotine

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

question about effexor & nicotine

I have quit smoking in the past, I did it cold turkey & stayed smoke-free for 3 years.  Then I relapsed.  Since then I started taking effexor.  I am trying to motivate myself to quit again, but for some reason I am finding it much more difficult.  I am just wondering, does anyone think being on effexor could possibly make it more difficult to quit?  I don't know why I think this, but I am just curious.  I also would like to know if there is anyone out there that is on effexor and sucessful with quitting smoking at the same time.