Smoking Addiction Community
quit cigs

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

quit cigs

i really wanna quit cigs but its soooo hard.... has anyone found an easier way to just stop?....i stopped for 8 days but then gave in.... im dumb i know......

its gross...its smells... its bad for you... and im about to be a dental assistant and smoking doesnt mix well!...

any advice would be much appriciated...thanks!
Yeah quit cold turkey. Its best that way rather than pumping small amounts of nicotine into your body like smoking 10 down to 1 cig a day doesnt work very good. U need to quit and detox your body to expell the toxins and nicotine you are addicted to. Also if you are around people who smoke these can also be triggers. It might be best to avoid these people untill you eventually quit the habit. Smoking causes many ilnesses and disease and its best to avoid it completly. Its chemicals and nicotine ruin your mind and make you a addict. Try lifting weights or running as a hobby, eat vegtables and whole natural foods. Tobacco is just as worse as crack cocaine in my opinion as you become a addict just as worse/\
Hi hon, trust me, there is no "easy" way to quit smoking.  Most people smoke to deal with stress.  The trick here is to come to grips with the fact that stress will be in our life whether we're smoking or not.  Smoking doesn't make our issues any better, in fact, it adds to them.  Try going to whyquit.com and do some reading and educate yourself on cigarettes and why we smoke.  I think it might be an eye opener for you.  It sure was for me and my first quit was at age 47.  Youth is on your side, Turkee so if you can quit now, it will be the best thing you will ever do for yourself.  Like any addiction, you must be prepared for the emotional battle for many months.  The good news though, is the physical w/d is over in approx 72hrs.  

I also see on the thread below you smoke pot everyday.  That might cause a problem.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with smoking pot, but you still have the act of inhaling something in your lungs everyday which makes it hard to stay quit with cigs.  I was a pot smoker too.  Quit almost 3mos ago.  Smoking pot led me to fail my quit each and every time.  Of course, it wasn't ONLY pot, but simply being weak when it came to stress even though I knew better, but the act of inhaling pot sure made me want to smoke cigs and I can say with certainty that if I didn't keep that habit of inhaling, I would have been successful.  

Best of luck to you!