Smoking Addiction Community
smokin and recovery

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

smokin and recovery

Anybody have any good advice about quitting cigs?  

I've found that since I quit using my DOC my cig habit has gotten worse... Oh my gosh.. just ONE more DEMON I've GOTTA conquer!  

I've been CLEAN x's 45 days off of an 8-10 Norco habit a day (for 3 years) and I've found that I'm just smokin more...
Yuck... I HATE IT... but was wondering if I should wait to stop smoking and/or just DO IT....??? Ya know.. just get it over with....Not sure if I wanna quit smoking yet.... but;   I DO know THAT I NEED TO...

Any and ALL responses are appreciated....

NorcoQueenoftheUniverse
It's difficult and if you aren't sure that you want to, well maybe you shouldn't try it yet.

You might want to prepare yourself first....what will you use or will you try it CT? Either way, you will want to go to whyquit.com and read the articles under the "Education" column. This site promotes a cold turkey quit, but you can still read the articles.

I think educating yourself is the way to begin your quit. Support is very important too. Let everyone around you know what you are planning to do and ask them not to allow you any. The more people that know, the better.

We are here for you, whenever you decide the time is right : ) Good luck!
Hi and big congrats on 45days clean!  That's huge!    

Kathy Jo is right.  If you don't feel completely ready, then you might wait a bit.  As suggested, read through "whyquit" and read through this forum so as to prepare yourself for what to expect.  

We all "need" to quit, but if you don't feel completely ready and Want it, quitting may not be the best thing to try just yet.

We are here if and when :)
Lay em down when you go to bed and walk away from em, by morning you already have 8-10 hrs behind you and keep looking forward to making that 72hr mark, which means nicotine is out of the body, then get a fake smoke, straw, paperclip or jellybeans and keep busy, keep your mind off of it and concentrate on cleaning yer car, etc and make a list of why you need to stop and put it on your mirror so every morning you read it while brushin your teeth. Oh, cut the caffeine, chocolate till yer metabolism adjusts as well as your blood sugar.
You have been off hydrocodone for over a month and unless you feel contident, wait to quit if you really don't feel it. It's been proven in some recent studies that addiction , alcoholism and smoking are all related. It also said the alcoholic smokers who quit have a better chance of staying sober. I was a dope addict and I quit smoking and feel it has helped me with my drug addiction.
OH NO, If you are only recently off a drug, do not attempt to overload yourself with the cigs right now!  No no no, too much toooooo soooon!