Smoking Addiction Community
smoking and quiting

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

smoking and quiting

i want to quit
for every reason smell, taste, burn marks, my health, my kids health, cost!
want to do it for all the right reasons now how do i do it i have anxiety and dont wanna put my self into a panic attac
Alright, I just found someone I can quit with :-) That is of course if you want to quit with me. I am cutting down......well, I will do it better with someone to cut down with. Anyways, I have some tips/techniques and other things to help with panic and anxiety. Feel free to message me if you are interested. Any way you choose to go is great, because it's going somewhere good.
awesome i am so ready and would be so nice to have a partner in crime
oh and any tips bring them on could use all the help in the world
Sweet, you can do a tracker, it can help both of us, we can make sure we do what we need to :-)

Do you have anything to go off, or are you wanting to do it cold turkey?

Any tips, I find, will go to you, when do you want to stop?
i guess cold turkey how much do u smoke a day
im thinking tomorrow morning what do u think start a fresh new day
Sorry for the time delay. I have a lot of questions that I check and I forgot to go down further than I did :-)

I smoke anywhere from 1 pack to a pack and a half, depending on my mood. I am guessing no taper.............jeesh, get someone with guts LOL

Well, how about this, since I am not going through the best of times, is it ok if we were to taper? I only ask because I am being honest in saying that it would be different between life for me right now and NO smokes, to life right now with limited smokes.

Tomorrow sounds great, I have been trying to go down, but I think having someone to do this with will be better. I will be held accountable and support with someone going through the same exact thing.

Do you have a tracker going yet? We can see each others trackers and if you want, tomorrow morning, we can go over a plan, or tonight, whichever.

If you want to go cold turkey no matter what, we can still do this together, I just will still have to go down drastically.
ok thats ok but i need to quit by the 1st is that ok
Sure, it will be tough for me to quit by then, but I can do it.

Ok, do you have a tracker?

How much do you smoke?

What kind of plan do you want to do?
i dont yet but i will about a little less then a pack a day how about we start with 16 smokes and well do a count down well cut one more out everydat till the first then we are done
Ok, that sounds good. The tracker is easy, and if you would like, we can message from here on out. Your post will still be here, so if others can give help to you they can.

i cant find the tracker
I sent you a message, its easier.
are you still on?
I will be on for a little while longer, I don't know where you went, feel free to message me or post on here :-)
there is a great website, whyquit.com that can help you prepare mentally for your quit. Cold turkey is the best way, taper doesn't work...as long as you are feeding your body with nicotine and your emotions with smoking, you will always be an addict.
You can download a tracker from that website and make sure you read those articles. The physical addiction is generally gone in 3 days so what will help you out with the emotional w/d is to understand why you smoke.
As for panic and anxiety, well I don't think I have come across one person here that doesn't suffer from it so we are going to be examples to you both. Smoking really does add to out mental welfare, with or without a cig, you are going to feel it but the sooner you learn to live without them, the sooner your new life will begin : )
As a smoker of 40 years and an ex for a little over 3, I can honestly say that I have never felt better, emotionally and physically : )
Good luck and keep posting here. Support is key and we will be here for you both.
---
3y 3m 1w 1d 2:02 smoke-free, 26,314 cigs not smoked, $6,315.36 saved, 2m 4w 3d 8:50 life saved
Thank you for the information. I will look into that website :-)