smoking while breastfeeding.
Hey everyone. First time mommy I'm having a babygirl in August. I occasionally smoke from time to time but recently quit now that I'm 5 months just to be sure that I'm clean & healthy when it comes time to deliver her. I was just wondering if it is bad to smoke while breastfeeding. I don't know if it will go to the baby or get in her system.  I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!
I was always told that the nicotine can b transferred threw breast milk n could upset babies stomach. But c this pg on internet says its better for a smoking mom to breastfeed than formula feed cuz u produce stuff formula don't......Im going threw same thing :/ hope this helps a lil....
Why quit smoking only to resume it when you give birth?  I'd say focus on the big picture; adopting the habit of smoking is one thing but smoking around a child is a completely different world.  

Several of my friends that I played sports with had to quit because their parents were in-home smokers giving them activity enduced asthma *not to completely ignore your question but as a mom you should know the above*

yeah i also heard that it will harm the kid through the milk...