Smoking Addiction Community
smoking while breastfeeding.

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

smoking while breastfeeding.

Hey everyone. First time mommy I'm having a babygirl in August. I occasionally smoke from time to time but recently quit now that I'm 5 months just to be sure that I'm clean & healthy when it comes time to deliver her. I was just wondering if it is bad to smoke while breastfeeding. I don't know if it will go to the baby or get in her system.  I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!
I was always told that the nicotine can b transferred threw breast milk n could upset babies stomach. But c this pg on internet says its better for a smoking mom to breastfeed than formula feed cuz u produce stuff formula don't......Im going threw same thing :/ hope this helps a lil....
Why quit smoking only to resume it when you give birth?  I'd say focus on the big picture; adopting the habit of smoking is one thing but smoking around a child is a completely different world.  

Several of my friends that I played sports with had to quit because their parents were in-home smokers giving them activity enduced asthma *not to completely ignore your question but as a mom you should know the above*

yeah i also heard that it will harm the kid through the milk...