Smoking Addiction Community
swollen glands and sore throat

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

swollen glands and sore throat

Hi everyone!
I am 78 days no smoking! I smoked for 24 years pack and half a day I am 38. For the past three week I have been sick with a cold beat the cough which lasted a week sore throat lasted a week, now my throat is still raw and my glands have been swollen for two weeks going on three. It seems I am constantly clearing my throat! Is this normal, why am I sick now all the time? Thanks
I would think if this was smoking related it would have been an issue from the get go.I think I would call my doc. Let us know what he says?
Oh and a great big!  Congratulations on 2 months clean! Wow!  I am coming up on a month..
I dont know what it was but it lasted a solid month and im fine now. Doc said it was a virus, and still not smoking, hope your not either.!