trying to quit cigarettes
Hi I was just curious if anyone else has had this. I am 19 years old now and have been smoking consistently since I was 13 years old.. I find it pretty ridiculous that I have smoked 6 years non stop. Anyways my question is I want to go cold turkey I don't like meds of any sort. And am also quiting alcohol pretty successfully. I have begun to feel like cigarettes are holding me back in life and I feel really low energy all the time now? It seems like such an mental and physical addiction. And I have anxiety and depression already and wonder if smoking can make anxiety worse?
I think smoking definetly has a lot to do with your anxiety. The only way to quit for me is to just stop smoking. Recent attempts to quit, I'd always try to limit the number of cigaretts I'd smoke a day but I discovered that each one would only increase the craving for another in an hour or so. I decided to quit cold turky and after the first week, my cravings began to decrease, after a month, I began to forget about cigaretts, like after I'd eat or other times when I'd usually want a cigarett. Also I had more energy! Hope this helps ;) -meg