using the 14 mg patch and 4mg gum
Does anyone out there know if its save to use the 14 mg patch and the 4mg gum at the same time.  I am 51 and have been smoking since i was 16. I have tried eveything in my power to quit and cant. Also has anyone tried the shot to quit smoking and if it works.  Let me know. Thanks.
I am ignorant when it comes to the patch, but I would think that wearing one and chewing the gum is extremely dangerous!
I quit at 52 and I smoked from age 12. I have to say that you can quit but you you really have to want it more then anything. If you don't want it desperately, then it won't happen.
All of our failed attempts failed because we weren't ready to commit to it. It will never be easy, pretty much it will be one of the most difficult things you will ever have to do, but when you succeed, it is the most rewarding thing you will have ever accomplished : )
Taking back your life and being in control is an awesome feeling.

What helped me tremendously was to read the articles at whyquit.com
Every urge I had, every stressful moment, I would read an article or two and by the time I finished, the craving or mood would pass.
We are here to support you but I would highly recommend that you prepare yourself by reading and understanding your addiction.
Good luck!
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I have one day in.  I quit yesterday May 31, I made it one day so far, but I am using a patch and the gum.  I dont know if i am ready to quit, but I have to for health reasons.  I have copd.  I think sometimes you have to make yourself quit whether your ready or not.  And I am not really ready, but I will die if I dont.  So i am going to really try and I know its going to be twice as hard not wanting to, but I dont have a choice.  Thanks for your help, any other advice would be helpful and i will go on whyquit site.  
thanks for adavice took the patch off just using the gum.
I am using the 14mg patch. I would think one and not the other.
Sorry about you COPD. You are right. You have to quit.
Hang in there you are not alone.

Terry