Smoking Addiction Community
what do you do when you have no support

Welcome to Smoking Addiction Forum. This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who smoke and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Cessation Programs and Products, Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

what do you do when you have no support

I have said I need to quit, that it is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done, that I want to be a non-smoker but the journey is what scares me and I get no feedback even from my 3 boys and their family.  That just makes me more depressed and so I keep smoking.  My spiro test was normal but I have partial atrophied vocal cords and have spit up sputum with a tiny spot of blood and my pulmonologist says 'it's normal'.  My ENT says no smoking or even 2nd hand smoke and Mucinex every day 2x day but who can afford that stuff.  Tried Chantix and it resulted in a horrible no memory of episode of ending up on my floor bleeding from my knee; i didn't know how i got there.  I also have magnets from my primary dr. I guess it's a accupressure thing...I'm still smoking but feel mentally like crap because I am so weak that I can't stop.  I don't know what to do anymore.  

have you all had a good support system and did it really help?
hi,
I am on day 13 of my quit and have done it pretty much on my own...i went cold turkey...
I just tell myself that smoking is not and option and work through my day...it wasn't really that hard to get to the end of the day and my biggest worry was not sleeping but i slept pretty well most nights...doing much better now and don't feel much temptation to smoke...
It really is just getting through the first three or so days that is really tough...after that it's downhill...