673?1276376493
Social Anxiety User Group
Dealing with authority figures
About This Group:

Feel awkward around people? Avoid the phone or social gatherings? Welcome to the social anxiety group. This is a place for sharing anxiety stories and discussions on how to overcome the problem.

Founded by whitecat78 on June 12, 2010
85 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dealing with authority figures

Hello,

I am a 41 yr old professional women. All my life I have had trouble dealing with authority figures. The most recent one was where my boss accused myself and a co-worker of making a mistake at work. Did we ,yes, but the boss decided to go over and over it to the point where I started to cry, my throat got too tight to speak and I had to leave the room. NOT one of my better moments. This is also not an isolated moment. Happens every damn time. It is had to be taken seriously or to stand up for yourself when this happens. I've been told anxiety is part of having Fibromyalgia. Knowing this doesn't help me deal with authority figures. I am already on anti-anxiety medication. Clearly it's not working. I still have to finish the conversation with my boss so I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow about some valium to take the edge off so I can have an intellegent conversation with her...hopefully. Wish me luck please.

Thanks for letting me vent.
4 Comments
Blank
1692433_tn?1306490357
Good luck k9helper...when i was a junior at my office a couple of months back..almost every single day i got scolded by my superior due to some careless mistake at work. But i never talk back or defended myself instead i just listen and do whatever she wants me to do.

I guess that's how boss usually works...and i can feel that everyone experience the same thing. So i tried to think that it is not only me who is into this kind of situation and i feel relief a little even though not much.
Blank
1603130_tn?1309915294
I can understand how both of you feel. I have extremely bad hand tremors espcially when i get nervous. i recently lost my job because they said i was too timid. i have never been called timid in my entire life. My bosses would yell at me and instead of standing up for myself or my actions i would just take the "beating" they gave........
Blank
1626306_tn?1302487106
Hi. Well the valium didn't work either. I did finally manage to get through the conversation. it was 1 on 1 and I was so mad at that point that I just didn't giver a S--T. I don't mind being told I've made a mistake or given a correction. It's when it goes on and on and different rules apply for different people.
Blank
1626306_tn?1302487106
Interesting about the hand tremors. I also have them, I've had them my whole life.My neurologist says they are related to the fibromyalgia. Any idea what is causing yours?

You ex-bosses sound like jerks.
Blank
Recent Activity
1238036_tn?1404531285
Blank
Beanie0 uploaded new photos
Nov 24
6942344_tn?1417222347
Blank
Amandag78 commented on Sick of no comments
Nov 17
5986700_tn?1380794980