Social Security Disability or SSDI User Group
Applying for disability
About This Group:

I wanted to start this group to keep in touch with others and to help or get tips from others about SSDI since there isn't a forum for it. Where are you in the filing process? What have you learned or need to know so we can help each other through the long treacherous process.

Founded by Mom2four85 on May 16, 2011
52 members

Applying for disability

Couple days ago I sent off my app. on line for SSD. Getting ready to send off documents to my main office now. My question is, What are the best hospital and doc records to send? What else can I send to help my case? I hope some experienced people out there can help me off to a good start!!  Thanks a bunch--Crazy camper aka Jean
1 Comment
  What they are looking for is fully veritiable diagnosis and the test, labs, CT scans, MRI, etc that helped the doctor/doctors arrive at his diagnosis. That means referrals to any specialists, their findings, TX< DX PX, etc.
It is important to keep things in chronilogical order. The more thorough and easy to read you make it the sooner you will hear back from them. On the gov. pages for social security and all other programs, they provide checklists and instruction to let you know exactly what they need from you. If you have some trouble filling something out or understanding their instructions don't be afraid to ask, they are happy to help you. The decision to hire an attorney is strictly yours but remember that they are pros and that;s all they do for the most part Get everything back to them in a timely manner too. Good Luck to you!
Chrislynn42 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
ILADVOCATE commented on ILADVOCATE's status
Aug 07
JudiPoodi joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 11