Food stamps??
I was just approved for my ssdi claim although I haven't seen any money yet I wonder if I can continue to receive my food stamps? The amount of disability is $775 a month which I believe is still below the poverty line? Thanks
  I thought that I would answer my own question, now that I know, for all who need to know either now or later. The answer is NO, you cannot continue to get food stamps on ssi or ssdi. What if your still below the poverty line and have to live on $775 a month? They don't care. After paying rent and bills I guess eating is considered a luxury that we poor people cannot afford to do. Think I sound bitter? You darn skippy I am. Another thing, all that help that you got while you were waiting for your ssdi? They will be wanting every dime of it back in cash off the top please, including the food stamps. I don't feel sorry for myself because I am blessed with a family who cares about me, so I will be fine. Not so for the other disabiled people who don't have any help, I cry for them and keep them in my prayers. God help us all.
wow that's terrible Ive read others who have gotten assistance also; maybe it's the amount you're getting but that's ridiculous if that's what they think anyone can live on - have they seen the price of food?

what about getting assistance from your local church or other organizations?
How horrible! I am just now applying for FS and have had to quit my job due to my disability and to apply for ssd, my phone interview is for March . That is the truth, how are people making it? They aren't!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Alice587 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 20
Ckdanz joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 22
Hankskr joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19