Social Security Disability or SSDI User Group
If you knew what you know now......
About This Group:

I wanted to start this group to keep in touch with others and to help or get tips from others about SSDI since there isn't a forum for it. Where are you in the filing process? What have you learned or need to know so we can help each other through the long treacherous process.

Founded by Mom2four85 on May 16, 2011
52 members

If you knew what you know now......

Hey all,  I fully intend to read thru all your posts, questions, advice and answers....but wanted to throw this question out there to all of you that have already "walked" down the "applying for disability road".
I am FINALLY convinced I need to file for disability....I've put it off for a NUMBER of reasons for the last 4 yrs....but have been told it can take 12 to 18 mos.....and 60% are rejected initially anyway....
So, I thought BEFORE I actually get r done.....I'd ask those of you that have done it already for any tips, counsel,
hints, etc. for a newby going into it.  Appreciate any feedback you can give me~
1 Comment
I would go to an attorney that handles SSDI cases ONLY.  They will do all the paperwork up front and get your medical info etc.

Had I done this I may not have been as stressed and depressed as I was during the years I had to go through the process.

They do get a % of what your back pay will be depending upon how long your wait is if you have to see a judge.
Chrislynn42 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
ILADVOCATE commented on ILADVOCATE's status
Aug 07
JudiPoodi joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 11