SSDI / SSI
I've been trying to find people who have applied for SS due to HVC. By this I mean anyone who has been approved or denied, and what they have experienced. As for me, I had applied and denied at the first stage. On the second round, reconsideration, I was also denied. I have enlisted the services of an attorney and currently my case is in the hands of the VSU after being transferred there from ODAR. I have contacted many elected officals and "congressional interest" is noted in/on my SS case file. The VSU is a part of ODAR which is supposed to review cases prior to a ALJ hearing, some cases are said to be approved before going before a judge. I am a member of another forum which has many people with knowledge about the SS process, but there's not a lot of "heppers" who have experience.
Sorry to ramble on, Thanks, Mike
Mike sorry I just saw this post; sometimes I just can't see things right in front of my face.

What is HVC? I haven't heard the abbreviation before so please forgive my mush mind - I'm sure as soon as you say it I will know.

hopefully your case will go quickly and you'll get approved soon...hopefully we all do - this fight has taken such a toll on my life and just drained me.

take care
I can't believe I did that! HVC should have been HCV. HVC would be Heating Ventalation & Cooling, which is a condition I'm glad to have! My case/claim with SSA has now been sent back to ODAR, so I'm either back in line for a haering or starting over. Mike
  I believe that your Dr.'s report from your liver biopsy will be important. Also have you treated yet? With the new meds they have out there is good chance you could clear the virus with TX. I'm afraid you will have an uphill battle without these things. I've had it for 35 years and I still work, but Of course every case is different. Good luck to you.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Alice587 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 20
Ckdanz joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 22
Hankskr joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 19