Social Security Disability or SSDI User Group
deemed unemployable by DSHS (WELFARE)
About This Group:

I wanted to start this group to keep in touch with others and to help or get tips from others about SSDI since there isn't a forum for it. Where are you in the filing process? What have you learned or need to know so we can help each other through the long treacherous process.

Founded by Mom2four85 on May 16, 2011
52 members

deemed unemployable by DSHS (WELFARE)

I'm unemployed in the summer and went and got some help this year because of my additional time off work because of surgery. Okay I applied for everything and got it. Was even deemed unemployable by them (state?)
however what they pay is not nearly enough to live on so I'm going to work for 8more months then apply for disability. Will the fact that they found me unemployable help my case for ssdi? I have loads of paperwork to back up everything.
I think from reading about others it may help your case, but because you're going back to work may hurt a bit...on the other side of the coin you could say you tried to go back to work and were too sick and it didn't work.

sometimes I wonder how the system works with some being approved 1st try with what seems to be something others are dealing with ok

I have read of others say after they qualify for ssdi there's the ticket back to work where they try and go back to work  after a certain amount of time.

it may be beneficial to call and talk to one of the disability firms like binder & binder, allsup or a local attorney to get their advice just to be sure that's the best thing to do in your case
I already have contacted the attorney's and they all say that you have to be turned down one twice to hire them. However I don't think I'm going to be turned down, I can't exactly say why but I think they will approve on first try. They have been communicating with me by mail. But thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question, I appreciate it very much! You have an awesome weekend and stay well. :)
if your problem is not mental don't get your hopes up high on a first time approval. I have CHF, DCM congestive heart failure, and dilated cardiomyopathy I only have 30% heart function left and I had to go to the judge after the second appeal. But I have seen people go to Social Security with mental issues real or fake and get approved on the first try. Now I believe the mental illness is just as serious as physical illness except one will kill you without you help where the other will just be with you. with that said if it's not mental let up know because 70% of cases don't get approved on the first try and 55% do get it on the second try, it's mot until you go to the judge he makes it right. JMO
Chrislynn42 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
ILADVOCATE commented on ILADVOCATE's status
Aug 07
JudiPoodi joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 11