4 yr old dilemma
Hi my 4 yr and 2 month old daughter has been in preschool for 1 yr now. Academically sound, hearing perfect, I have some concerns in that- 1)she doesn't take part in group conversations.
2) when asked to do a 3 step task, she completely understands and begins it, halfway thro she gets distracted and forgets to finish the task. Like when asked to clean up the toys, wash hands and come give me a hug- she begins putting away the toys and then starts playing with them. I have to repeatedly remind her to do the rest. If she is interested she will do it. Or else refuse, coz she wants o play now.
3) after reading a story to her, when asked questions about it she answers some simple ones, not all. And she doesn't repeat the story back to me. She wants the same story read multiple times and then perhaps in a good mood she will repeat the story.
4) she doesn't understand concept of why? And Moral of the story.
5) when she comes up with new words, I can't understand her, after a couple of attempts, I understand her. Other moms understand her! So does her teacher.
My worry is is there a FOCUS deficit, or a language processing problem, expressive problem?
Does she need a speech evaluation?
Hope somebody can give me some sensible answers.
It does sound like there could be attention and/or language issues with your daughter. Have you brought her to a speech-language pathologist yet? Or a developmental pediatrician?

BC