Speech & Language Disorders Community
Constant cheek and tongue biting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Constant cheek and tongue biting

Hi there. My husband had a brain hemorrahage about 2 years ago. He is lucky to be alive, but one problem (of many since then) is that he is forever biting his cheek and tongue when he eats. He did it before this happened, but it wasn't that often and it was usually do to his stressful job and surroundings.But now it seems it is everytime he eats his meals. When he first went into the hospital they had given him something (ace inhibitor) with he was allergic to and his tongue blew up and he couldn't keep his tongue in his mouth. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not though. I am at wits end on what to do for him.I don't know if it's a dentists question or more of a speech therapist question or ear, nose and throat or what. I don't know who to turn to.Can anyone help me?