I am a Harvard business school student writing a children's book relating to speech and communication disorders.
I am trying to research how to write an effective children's storyline that combines medical information with a fun storyline. We are basing our story on one of our MBA classmates who overcame some significant speech development challenges growing up.
We would love feedback from the Inspire community about our book idea! Our goal is to produce a really great book that helps families!!
1) Do you own children’s books relating to speech pathology and speech development challenges?
2) If so, how many children’s books on speech pathology do you own?
3) How did you select what kinds of children’s books you purchased?
4) How important are the relative importance of:
(ii) story theme
(iii) medical knowledge embedded in the storyline
5) Do you enjoy the time you spend with your children reading?
6) If you could improve something about the existing speech disorder children’s books you own, what would you change?
7) What do you wish other people knew about raising a child with a speech challenge, or what it is like being a child with a speech disorder?
8) Would you be comfortable sharing your family’s story in a children’s book?
9) Would you be interested in connecting with other families who have children with speech challenges via an online children’s book portal?
10) Would you like to collaborate on a multi-family book of stories about raising children with speech disorders?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.