Speech & Language Disorders Community
MY TWO YEAR OLD SON IS NOT TALKING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

MY TWO YEAR OLD SON IS NOT TALKING

FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF MY SON HAS CONSTANTLY USE SOUNDS TO COMMUNICATE, BUT NEVER DISTINCT WORDS. HE NOW HOLDS A CONVERSATION WITH US BUT IN THIS BABLE TALK THAT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND AND YET HE UNDERSTANDS US. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED THAT HE ISN'T SPEAKING? HIS THREE YEAR OLD SISTER IS SPEAKING IN COMPLETE SENTENCES.
Have you considered Developmental Apraxia of Speech?  Our nephew suffers from this issue and began speech therapy at two years of age.  Today, he speaks almost normally (he is now six years old).  Whatever the issue, I think you need to see your pediatrician re advice.  I wish you the best ...