Speech & Language Disorders Community
My 11 year old doesnt speak normally
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 11 year old doesnt speak normally

My 11 year old daughter has trouble saying what she wants to say.  She talks slower than most people.  Even my 6 year old can talk circles around her.  Esp when put on the spot or she has to answer a question.  It's weird because sometimes she makes perfect sense yet sometimes its hard to understand what she is trying to tell you.  It doesnt always make sense.  She puts words in the sentance that are close but dont belong.  She was tested last year because she was failing and she tested above her grade, it didnt make sense. They put her on Focalin ADD med which brought her grades up to As & B's but she still has trouble speaking sometimes and seems grades below her peers socially.  I am worried about this as she gets older and kids get meaner.  Any thoughts?
Tags: 11 years, speak, Doesnt, worried
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...