Need help for my son..

My seven year old son had speech delay. He is in Ist grade and going for speech therepy in school . He had beads stuck in her both ears for almost 2.5 years, my poor baby,we were ignorant. Now also when we or my friends ask him some thing, he says "what" at least 2-3 times. When I asked why we have to repeat question, he said " he doesn't understand what we asaked". We didn't do any tests. We are bilingual family but speak only english with him. He finds hard time following directions and need reminders in class.  He is very good in reading, writing and more than average in maths. Can you please help what should we do. Thanks.
.
He needs a complete hearing test if you have not done it!  If it has been over a year..do it again!!!
He should also have an audiologist test for auditory processing disorders to rule that out. Following multi-step directions, difficulty sequencing and asking "huh or what" often, are signs of APD.
I have some techniques which will help your son.
Follow the  ujjayi pranayam 7 times a day.
Do anulom vilom for 5 minutes, twice a day.
Do bhramri 5 times.
You can both follow  these techniques together.

Ujjayi pranayam
Procedure: While breathing in, tighten throat(contract glotis) and there will be sound from back of throat, then drop chin(rest chin on chest), hold breath as long as possible.Then  chin up, close right nostril and slowly breath out through left nostril.
Duration: 5 – 21 times

How to do Ujjayi
When you clear your throat, you tighten your throat and breath out, twice, with a pause in between. . Now if you reverse this, that is, tighten the throat and breath in continuously for abour 8 to 12 seconds, then hold your breath for 4 seconds with the chin down, then  chin up, close right nostril and slowly breath out through left nostril, you have just done Ujjayi pranayam.You will feel like coughing initially.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.

Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close little flap of ears with thumb,place  index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Repeat this  5 to 21 times.
May 2 ,2012