Speech & Language Disorders Community
Speech Apraxia or More going on?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Speech Apraxia or More going on?

My son is 4 yr old and was diagnosed with severe speech apraxia just this past Oct.He takes ST three times a week.Once in preK and two times at a therapy center.His speech has improved some.It seems like the words we say everyday are clear enough now where the family can figure out what he is saying.Which is awsome cause his speech was very hard to understand.But what I want to know is if its common for someone with speech apraxia to also be gross and fine motor delayed also.He has aslo sensory issues and some autistic behaviors.He shows anxiety when it comes to playing with kids his age or being in crowds.Also Back in Oct he had some sesures which he didnt wake up from for over two weeks.The drs could not find out what happen.They thought he had Encyphalitis but all test came back negative.He had two spinal taps,three MRI and three EEG.The only thing that was abnormal was the EEGand that only showed slow brain waves not sesure activity.WE had to go back for a check up a month later and the EEG still shows slow brain waves on his left side of brain.Have anyone ever dealt with anything similar to this.Please help I worry every day that they might of missed something and later down the road it will be worst.
As a mother this would scare me too. If he were my son I would push to find a doctor that knows more about seizures. I would demand answers and a plan of action. Do some research on your own and figure out what kind of diet to put him on. Take him to the ER right away after he has a seizure. I'm sorry I can't be much more help.