Speech & Language Disorders Community
Speech Problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Speech Problem

Hi, I am Vivek. My age is 23. Since 1 month, I am experiencing speech problem. Before that i was very fluent. When i speak in flow, i tend to substitute sounds(any sound), stumble,mispronounce words. I cant communicate fluently while talking even if i am talking in my mother tongue. I don't have much problem when i read but when i talk to others i face this problem. Even i try to talk to myself loudly, i face same problem.

I never had this problem in childhood. Even my family members don't have this problem. I have given many public presentations as well but how this problem has suddenly developed.

What could be the reason ? I am really very tensed.

Please advice.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Pl advice. I am waiting for reply.
Blank
For your speech problem, follow the ujjayi pranayam daily, twice a day. Then roar 3 times,(like a lion) very loudly, with mouth wide open and tongue sticking out. Massage your throat after roaring. Let me know your progress, when you notice the benefit.
Ujjayi pranayam
Procedure: While breathing in, tighten throat(contract glotis) and there will be sound from back of throat, then drop chin(rest chin on chest), hold breath as long as possible.Then  chin up, close right nostril and slowly breath out through left nostril.
Duration: 5 – 21 times

How to do Ujjayi
When you clear your throat, you tighten your throat and breath out, twice, with a pause in between. . Now if you reverse this, that is, tighten the throat and breath in continuously for abour 8 to 12 seconds, then hold your breath for 4 seconds with the chin down, then  chin up, close right nostril and slowly breath out through left nostril, you have just done Ujjayi pranayam.You will feel like coughing initially.
May 2 ,2012
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank