Stuttering and separation from parent
Approximately 1 year ago, I moved my daughter, who was three at the time and myself from Nebraska back to my hometown in PA.  Her father stayed in Nebraska.  About 6 months after we left, I took her back to visit him.  After we returned to PA, she developed a stutter which has gotten extremely bad as of late.  Sometimes she will go weeks with barely a stutter.  Some weeks, it's terrible.  I believe the stutter is linked with her relationship with her father.  Or lack of one.  He'll go weeks, sometimes months without talking to her and then sometimes he'll talk to her every day for two weeks, only to disappear again.  And it always seems that there is a notable difference in her speech as he comes and goes in her life.  When I say come and go, I mean through phone conversations.  Is it possible that the emotions she is feeling about her father could be manifesting into something physical like stuttering?
Sounds like stress. I have a stutter that develops under stress.