Speech & Language Disorders Community
Stutterinng.! :(
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stutterinng.! :(

dooes anyonee knowww howw to stoppp stutterriinngg. im 16 years old and i been stuttering since i was little. and im tired of it right now. later on im going to have to go on job interviews and im scared im going to stutter and want get hired.please someone help???!!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1972289_tn?1325881410
I'm sorry you're going through this!  It has to be a very challenging age to deal with this!  Have you ever seen a speech therapist?  I would think that would be a great place to start. Can you talk to your parents about this?  Or if not a parent, maybe a teacher or guidance counselor?  They should be able to help you figure out what you'd need to do to get some help for this issue.  I hope you're able to find a workable answer.  Good luck!
Blank
1936411_tn?1333835449
garrettandelsasmom is right. Tell your school counselor or a teacher that you want to see a Speech-Language Pathologist (also known as a speech therapist).

You have a right to free help for stuttering through your school district. They will probably be glad to help, but if they don't seem to want to help it is because they don't know who to send you to. If that happens, you should keep asking other teachers/counselors at your school.

Every school district has a Speech Language Pathologist assigned to help students with problems such as the one you are having. Good luck in your journey and best wishes! If you are unable to find help, come back here and send me a note. I'll help.
Blank
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi.  I also think that looking at any underlying anxiety you have would be helpful.  Do you stutter more under certain circumstances which is common?
Blank
That was an extremely silly post. Im not saying it was bad just wanted to point that out. Im glad you can find some humor in your problems..It really does help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...