Tongue Tied Toddler?
My son is seventeen months old....he is happy, active, and social, however he is not talking.  I read somewhere that he should have a vocabulary of about 10-20 words at this stage of development.  My son does not say hi, bye, yes, no, mommy, or daddy for example.  When we are at children play gyms the other kids his age are already speaking.  I was told some children must have the tongue clipped in order to promote speech (not the actual tongue, but something underneath the tongue).  
Please advise, am I become a mom that is expecting to much from their child already?
Did he have any problems latching onto the bottle/breast?  My older son had trouble latching on right after he was born.  He would get some but kept coming off.  He had to have his frenulum clipped at a couple weeks old.  We were told that he could have problems talking when he got older if it wasn't clipped.  My grandmother told me that one of my uncles had to have his clipped too.  If the frenulum is the problem, it is an easy fix.
The other concern would be an autism spectrum disorder.  My husband and both of my boys have issues with that.  I would talk to your pediatrician about your concerns.  You can request that your child be seen by a developmental specialist.  Not all autism spectrum disorders involve children who are not social at all.  It is better to find out what is causing the problem while your child is young.  My husband was not aware he had an autism spectrum disorder until he was in his mid thirties.  His life could have been a lot easier if he had known earlier.  Thankfully we know what issues our boys are dealing with and can better help them.