Speech & Language Disorders Community
child that is out of control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

child that is out of control

what do i do with my son he is three destructive he is hyper he talks back all the time he screams and cuses at me  he laughs at all forms of disipline i am tired of trying i feel helpless al the time
hi..i hope your ok..its so hard to give any advice from just a small post..i mean regarding background..health etc etc....i mean have you seen your gp? or have you had any other support? etc.etc...is ADHD a possiblity?...or is it just a recent thing he has started doing?...and i ask this because my first thought was to say just put your foot down and let him know hands down your the parent,he is the child....but i know that circumstances can make children act out..so understanding why they are behaving this way is key..then deal with it..majority of the time children act up is a change in circumstance...,if none of these apply to you...then ignoring..and not reacting to him when he plays up..and discipline and persiverence is what he needs..and it will be harder on you..but he will eventually benefit by knowing right from wrong and what mummy says go's