masturbation
i caught my 5 year old daughter masturbating last night and she said it is the 2nd time she's done it and she told me that a friend showed her what and how to do it.  What must I do and how must I react?
I always read your supposed to tell her its a private part do it in her bed room or bathroom. Then ignore it more or less tell her never let any one touch her there and  not make a big deal about it and not make her feel ashamed of it its natural.
First off you dont think its strange that another 5 year old is showing her how to masterbate? and where was this other "friend" shown how to do this? at five there shouldnt be showing each other how to do this. Also it is natural and normal but not at five to be masterbating. mabye you should be questoning what is going on in a household where this is being shown. my son is 5 and he doesnt even know what that is and yes he plays alittle but not to the point where hes showing "friends"
Our daughter started masturbating at 2 years old. I took her to the doctor for fear someone at the day care was molesting her. He said it was a normal thing, some suck their thumb, some rub themselves in other places. He said if I was still concerned to go to a psychologist.The psychologist said the same thing, not to worry, not to panic, teach her it is something that is only to be done in private. She is 16 years old now and we have a very open relationship, but she said that she likes to still rub herself but the thought of a boy doing it just sounded gross. Thank God for small favors, she isn't ready for sex but is perfectly normal.
I don't know where people get the ideal that young children don't masturbate. Kids explore their bodies and discover that touching certain areas feel good and touching other areas just feel like touching. Young boys pull on their penises and discover that it feels good and also that it will get hard if handled enough. this is normal they aren't being molested or abused. Young girls discover that it feels good to rub their vaginas when they wipe themseleves. This is normal and they have a good feeling so they explore and experiment normal. Showing a very close friend is normal too. Its like I have a secret do ya want to know. Again normal if it becomes excessive or self abusive then worry that something is a miss. I know I played show me with a girl friend when I was in 2nd grade, I was also masturbating on a regular basis. As I grew older there were games with friends to see who could pee the farthest and other such foolishness. This didn't mean any of us were abused its just means we wanted to make sure we were like every one else.
    Talk to your daughter and explain to her its is normal and ok to touch herself. Also explain it isn't okay for her to do it with others that it is a private act and shouldn't be shared. Besure to explain that her private parts are hers and no one should touch her unless it a doctor or you or dad only to help her is she has a problem. Be open don't hide sex in a closet and don't look for the buggieman every time you discover your child is growing up. Be viglent and keep her safe but  also let her grow up in an enviroment where she isn't afraid of her own shadow. Good Luck And God Bless