Speech & Language Disorders Community
my 2.9 yrs son does not speak a single word
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

my 2.9 yrs son does not speak a single word

when my son born he has a breathing problem which is still but he is much better, his first year was almost blank and all the time he only tried to breath properly and does not observe around, when he was 1 year his breathing problem was much better so he started observing but he was around 4 months late for all the physical activites like walk, sitiing, croling, turn the body, now he is 2.8 but does not listen us properly and don't talk a single word, he is very hyper active n don't sit a second, he was slow till he was  1 1/2 yrs but after that he started coverning all the missing things of his age, now he understand the daily things by observing his sister and elders n does copy accordingly to his age, but don't focus and pay attention on us n don't much understand by our language, we have done a B E R A test and it was clear now my concern is that how and when he will start talking, pls advs what should i do ?