no attempt at speech age 4
ok...my sweetie was adopted at age 2.5.
SEVERE nutritional and social neglect.
Cleft palate. Ears blocked with mucus, etc. 3 ear surguries once in states. Cleft corrected in China. GREAT social skills. No flapping.Not really picky about routine, no sensory issues at all. Loves to play , "gets" social and verbal cues, follows 2 step directions, etc. Good coordination, etc.
BUT THERE IS NO ATTEMPT AT SPEECH AT ALL. It is like she just does not care to talk! She points, sighns, gets stuff herself, etc...byt has no desire to make any attempt to talk.

Some one please encourage me she will be able to, one day.
m
My son is 4 1/2 and didnt really start talking till 3 years old.  We have been attending speech since he was 2 and they JUST recently saw that he as a doubled uvula (the hangy thing at the back of his throat) and than the speach therapist felt the roof of his mouth and she said...that he has Submoucus cleft palate.  What a shock.  His is very mild but it does effect his speech some. Has anyone heard of this before?

She will talk to you....just try to ignore her, and eventually it will come!
From your post you seem to have looked into the autism possibility and dismissed it.  And I presume that there is no medical reason for her not to speak ie. her hearing is fine now so when you call her name she responds?  What does the speech therapist say?  There is also selective mutism to consider?  Does she make any noises at all or is she completely silent?  Is she at all anxious in certain environments?
Have you considered Play Therapy?