Speech & Language Disorders Community
potty and emotional closure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

potty and emotional closure

I am so emotionally upset and I have no idea what to do or think.  Tonight my daughter had 2 accidents.  She didn't want to tell me.  Yesterday she had an accident too.  She has never done this before.  I don't understand what is happening.  She never wants to talk to me either.  That scares me to death.  
She was in her bed sleeping and said she had to go to the bathroom.  I said ok..  noticed her pants were wet. Not sure if she went or if it was sweat.  She started to cry and said she didn't want to tell me.  At that point I felt horrible and realized she was afraid to tell me.  After she changed I sat her down to try and talk about her emotions.  What a disaster.  She didn't want to talk,  or cuddle. She wanted me to leave her room.  I was crushed.  I stayed and tried to talk.  She spoke through tears and screams and stated that she was scared to tell me.  I asked her why and she just repeated what she said.  I asked her is it b/c U thought I would get mad? She would not answer me.  I can't fix what I am doing wrong if She doesn't talk to me.  What is happening.  Please offer suggestions.  First w/ the accidents and w/ the emotional closure.  This is all the time.  She won't talk emotions and she changes the subject.  I am scared of this.  I am a very comunicative person.  Please help.   There is no sub-title for me that matches.  I picked one b/c I had no choice.  But none appy.