Speech & Language Disorders Community
speech
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Speech and Language Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Aphasia, Apraxia, Autism and Communication, Developmental Dyspraxia, Motor Speech Disorder, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Paradoxical Vocal Fold Movement (PVFM), Tongue-Tie (Ankyloglossia), Voice Disorders

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

speech

Okay, so my daughter is 3.5 and always got a hard time from her speech. Because of how she pronounced words. I pronounce words kind of differently. Like I add an extra syllable in the word "button" I pronounce it (buT-Tin) saying both Ts. Or I take letters out of words. For exaple I say hoe-made, or room-ate instead of roommate or homemade. Sometimes I also drop the L in words like school or cold. But that is hard to explain without actually saying the words. I was in speech class in 5th grade for it, but they gave up on me because I could say it correct in the class but after I wouldn't. I feel so bad that my daughter suffers because I can't say some words right. Is there any way that I can keep this baby from talking like me? Should I have my mom work on words more than me?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
5615074_tn?1378320440
There dad has tried to help with it, but he doesn't understand why it really matters how they talk.
Blank
5739386_tn?1378840060
Try head start. Sometimes I don't understand what my daughter talks about. She's 3 and will be 4 in April and im putting her in head start.
Blank
5615074_tn?1378320440
Here where I live they start headstart at 3, so that's where she is having problems.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Speech & Language Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...